function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NPMNPM 

Image Not Displayed in Search Results

I have a formula field called "Active Status" that displays an Image from the Documents object if Status = "Active". The image displays as expected on the Account Detail page, but not on the Search Results page. On that page instead of the image the small "red x" icon displays - even when I right click and select "Show Picture" the image does not display. How can I ensure the image displays on the Search results page as the idea is to highlight results with a particular status.

SusanKSusanK
Images in search results works in my DE org when I tried it.  I installed a component from the AppExchange that has image formula fields: http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?id=a0330000000ssF2AAI

What edition are you using?  How are you referencing the image in Documents?
NPMNPM

I am using Enterprise Edition.

I am referencing the image using the formula:

IF(  Status__c  ="A", 
IMAGE("servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0155000000080zw", "Membership Status = Active ", 30,30)
, "")

It displays on the Account detail page, but does not display in Search Results ( the field is there but the diaplay is just the red x you get when images are not displayed)

Any ideas?

SusanKSusanK
I was able to reproduce the problem using your formula.  The problem appears to be the URL you're using for the image -- if you don't include a full URL, you'll only be able to see the image in the record.

I found a workaround that fixed the problem so that the image shows up on both the record detail page and in search results:
-- Go to the Document where you have the image stored, right-click on the image and copy the image location.  -- Go to into Setup and edit your image formula field: paste that URL into your formula in place of the partial URL you have that begins with "servlet/serv..."

See if that works...
NPMNPM

That certainly seems to do it. 

I changed the formula to:

IF(  Status__c  ="A", 
IMAGE("https://na3.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0155000000080zw", "Membership Status = Active ", 30,30)
, "")

and the image does show on the search results page as well.

Thank you very much for your help!

:smileyhappy:

SuperfellSuperfell
You be better off with just
/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0155000000080zw

Rather than the fully qualified URL.
NPMNPM
But Simon, the issue is that without the fully qualified url the image does not display on the seach results page.  It does display in detail records.  Is there somthing different that needs to be done so that the image will display on the search results when not  using the fully qualified url?
SuperfellSuperfell
Your original version didn't start with a / the one i posted does, its an important difference.

IMAGE("servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0155000000080zw", "Membership Status = Active ", 30,30)
vs
IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0155000000080zw", "Membership Status = Active ", 30,30)

NPMNPM

Man - it does now - and works just fine that way.  I do prefer not to use the fully qualified url - oh my kingdom for want a slash!

:smileysurprised:

thanks!