function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BKBK 

How do i do transfer a field value from object to object

I am using the Candidate object.  So when I create a new Candidate from the Contacts, can we bring over the contact.email and contact.address fields automatically? Can this be done through a lookup data type?

NPMNPM
If your edition supports custom buttons and links you can set up one on your contacts page that creates a new record on the candidate object.  As part of the formula for the button or link you would include mappng the id of the fields you want to populate with the email and address fields from Contact.  When you would click onthe botton/link the data from the contact record would populate the fields in Candidate.
BKBK
Thank you.  But what if the candiate object has already been created on the contact page? I downloaded this recruiting application of the app exchange. Is there somehow I can edit this button to include the custo link so that the contatc email address will transfer over to the candiate email field when I press "new candiate" on the contact page?
NPMNPM

I do not have that app, but if you can edit the new candidate button/link you could add a line that passes the data to the email field.  You would need the url of the email field you want to populate (if not a standard field this is available by right clicking on the field name in the object's setup) and use merge fields to select the field from the contact page that you want to pass the data from.  The line would look something like:

&00N50000001SlBC={!Contact.Email}

The part between the "&" and "=" is the url of the field you want to populate.

If you can not edit the existing button/link you may be faced with building your own that does what you want.

NPMNPM

If you need to go the contractor route for whatever reasons, in addition to posting here there is something called Connect on Demand where you can look for folks inthe community that are interesting in contract work.

http://connectondemand.leveragesoftware.com/