function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ArchonArchon 

Porting from development to production

I know I've seen this answered before, but I cannot find it.  I've done a lot of customizations in my development environment.  Will I be able to port the customizations from the development environment to production?
Ny RocksNy Rocks
That entirely depends on the development that you've done. If you developed this into a developer org then you will need to recreate them in your live account. This is't so bad as at least youve done them once. Another thing is if you have a professional edition account then some customizations may not work. If you access the API at all in development(S-CONTROLS) Then they won't work in pro version unless you pay to enable the API. That sort of thing.

CEO, Planet 10 Consulting
For all your salesforce needs.
Planet10productions@hotmail.com
ArchonArchon
I used their developer platform that allows 2 user accounts.

I have customized fields, s-controls, and I am using the API to send information to Salesforce.  I've done a lot of customization and I thought I read somewhere that these added fields and page layouts could be transferred to the live account.

Thank you for the information on Professional Edition.  We will need to have the API enabled.
TCAdminTCAdmin
Archon,

The best method is to use the AppExchange to transfer the customizations.  This does have it's own limitations but once you have done it a couple times you can get the hang of it.  Outside of that then your only method is to do a manual transfer component at a time.