function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ghealyghealy 

Removing New button from Tab View

I have a custom object with a master-detail to Accounts. I want to force users to create new records fro mthe accounts detail page. Is there a way I can remove the New button from the cutom objects tab view? OR, better yet, replace the tab view with a relevant search that displays a list and avoids te view with the new button all together.

TCAdminTCAdmin
GHealy,

You can remove the tab from the system or from their profile and this would prevent them from using the new button in that method.  You could have the new button take the user to a custom scontrol that tells them they are trying to create the record in the wrong method.  You can go to the object and override the new button with your own code.

Outside of that I don't know of a way to remove the New button from the tab as long as the users have the ability to create that object.  Someone else might have other methods.
UsamaUsama
the way to remove the new button from the custom page layout is following.
1) go to Page Layout of which the custom page is coming.
2) click the edit button
3)select the custom object from the related list or the detail button section  and click the Edit Properties
4) Popup will open uncheck the New button.
In this way you can remove new button from your custom page if it is in the section of other page.

greggatssdgreggatssd
I want it off the Tab's "home" page to force users to create records from a related list in another object.
UsamaUsama
As far as removing the tab view of the custom object,you can restrict the user from the profile .Otherwise if you want to override the new button you can do by creating the scontrol.  
Leah Schneier 5Leah Schneier 5
Thanks TCAdmin, removing the tab from the App was a great alternative solution!