function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SL TanSL Tan 

Question on Custom Button and Link

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem.
I created a new Custom Link Button with the List Button Display Type.
In the List View this new Button is showing after I have added it to the List View
Now I would like to place this Button on the Related List as well but when I double clicked on the Related List item in the Object , I could only see the Columns and Standard Buttons but not the Custom buttons. So I dont know how to put this button on the Related List item. Does anyone have this problem before and if so, how do we get the new Custom Button to appear in the Related List edit function?
Any pointer will be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance
SL
UsamaUsama

Go to the PageLayout in which the  you are using the object as a related list.Open Page Layout and click the edit button.then go to related list section and select the related list object and click the edit properties.Popup will open.Now check the Checkbox infront of the New Button.Now the new button will come in the realted list column.I hope this will solve your problem.....

usama.rasheed@curemd.com
Usama Rasheed

UsamaUsama
Use above mention solution if you are overriding the new button functionality with the custom s control.
TCAdminTCAdmin

LS tan,

A single button can be displayed as a Details button, Custom Link, or a Related list button.  You will need to duplicate the code in the original scontrol and create a button for the Related List.  Then you can add it to related lists on a page layout.

SL TanSL Tan
Hi Usama
Thanks for both your email replies and direction and I have been able to solve the problem now. I had also made the mistake of putting my custom link in the parent object instead of in the related list object. I found out that after I put in the custom link in the related list object, by following your steps, the new custom button is now appearing when I click on the related list and I could now override the Standard Button with my new Custom Link button in the related list. This is great!
Thanks and Best Regards
SL
SL TanSL Tan
Hi Chris
Thanks for your kind feedback and guideline. I found out that I had put my custom link in the parent object instead of the related list object so when I changed the custom link to the related object, the related list when clicked shows the custom button which I can now add to the related list. Thus I did not have to create a separate S--Control in this case but cancel the Custom link in the parent object and place it in the related list object. Thanks for your input which helps me recheck on my work. I am happy that I can solve this now.
Best Regards And Thanks again
SL
TCAdminTCAdmin
I'm glad everything worked out for you SL.  Let me know if there is anything else you need.
nitr0gennitr0gen
I have also created a custom list button. The button functions as planned, but I still have a small issue...

Once the list button was to the related list, checkboxes appeared in a column to the left side of "Action".

How do i get rid of the checkboxes, or if that is not possible, how do I grab the list of selected checkboxes?
SL TanSL Tan
Hi
Is there any reason why you would like to get rid of the check box on the left of Action?
I think this is standard SFA UI
SL
nitr0gennitr0gen
The checkboxes did not appear until the button was added. As it is right now, checking the boxes has no effect on the function of the custom button. I want to remove the boxes so as not to confuse the user, or I want to be able to capture the selected boxes so they can interact with my button.