function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BharathiBharathi 

Help With Custom Links and Buttons !!!!!!

Hi All,

Our company is in  the process of integrating our existing database with salesforce databse.I have created a custom Link that opens up a new web page and queries data from our database and updates salesforce database.I have added the Link into the Page Layout of the Contact Tab.I am able to see the Link in th custom Links sections when I view details of a particular contact.But when I create a New Record or I try to modify an existing record, I am unable to view the link.Please somebody help me and let me know what is the mistake I am making....This is really very important.

Thanks,

Bharathi

Execute EZSAASExecute EZSAAS
Custom links/buttons are only visible on Detail pages and Lists. They are not available on NEW or EDIT pages (not yet..).
But, of course, if you want, you could create a custom page using s-control and then override NEW/EDIT buttons., however, that is a LOT of work to replicate NEW/EDIT functionality.
BharathiBharathi

Hi Execute EZSAAS ,

Thank You so much for the prompt reply.I guess I will leave the custom link as is,instead of re-doing the whole functionality.

Thanks,

Bharathi