function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Erich.WeihrauchErich.Weihrauch 

Hiding a case section or specific fields?

Hi all!

I'm a Salesforce Professional user, and was curious if there is a way to specfically hide either an entire case section in a layout, e.g. RMA information, or specific fields, making the appearance conditional on a specific case type, e.g. RMA Request?

I've scoured the documentation and the forums here but haven't seen anything that would give me a clear cut yes, or no.

Thanks!
autochicautochic

This functionality is available through Record Types in EE.

I'm not sure of your exact needs, however you may want to think about doing something creative with a custom object attached to your case record to house this data.

I would also look at dependent fields (to the type field) as an option.

Good morning.

By EE I am assuming Enterprise Edition?

I'm getting somewhat disappointed in the lack of certain features that even Professional users should have access to.

At any rate, the fields in question are Text Area fields.  I tried already yesterday to setup field dependencies for the case status, but I'm unable to choose anything other than picklists and such from the secondary list.

What about validation rules? Is there some sort of code that says field.hide or field.show?  If so could make it conditional based off the Type of case, but again coding info is pretty scarce with Salesforce at least in their help sections.

sumpritsumprit
Hi Erich,

Did you get response or solution to this problem? I am having a similiar situation, wherein I need to hide a custom button on the case detail section once the Status field is closed?

Thanka
Nothing yet i'm afraid.
sumpritsumprit
what about a S-control? any thoughts on that?
I found something similiar on IdeasExchange, seems like many people want this and I do not think it is out yet?

http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/37336/Dependent_page_layouts__Dynamically_show_hide_or_make_fieldssections_required_on_a_page_based_on_data_rules

Let me know what you think?

thanks