function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shillshill 

The operation has timed out - .NET Development

Hello,

I have a .NET project that is built to create records in Salesforce (Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities, etc.).    The records are getting created successfully, but I am encountering an error in getting a response from the Salesforce API - "The operation has timed out".   

First of all, I want to make sure that it is possible, that this kind of an error could occur in regards to getting a response from Salesforce in a .NET environment.   I am also looking into whether the time outs could be occurring in my database, but I haven't found anything yet.

I have the time out property of the SforceService object set to 100000, should I increase that value?  If so, what's a recommended timeout period?   My .NET project is designed to work with some very large enterprise Salesforce clients, so I want to make sure I am well covered with a proper timeout value.

Thank you,
Scott
SuperfellSuperfell
To be absolutely sure you stand the best chance of getting the results, the timeout should be 10 minutes.
shillshill
Thank you for the quick reply!
Much appreciated!

I'll change the timeout value in our project and see what that does.

Scott
riffindusriffindus

Hi,

can i know the result of your system after you changed the timeout to 10 minutes.

Even i am encountering the same issue but could not find any solution. please confirm whether increase in time solved this issue.