function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sidewindersidewinder 

creating a Custom Link to a Custom Web Tab

I am creating a mashup between Salesforce.com and one of our own web apps. Our web app is embedded in Salesforce.com as a Custom Web Tab. I also want to create links to our embedded app on pages such as the Case Detail page. This is possible by defining a Custom Link to the URL of our web app, using Behavior="Display in existing window with sidebar" and Content Source="URL."

However, there is one problem with the Custom Link approach.  When I defined the Custom Web Tab, I was able to define the  "Content Frame Height" appropriately (eg 900 pixels). When I defined the Custom Link, I was not able to define this property. As a result, if you use the Tab to reach our embedded web app it displays exactly the way that I want it to, but if you use the Custom Link to reach it then it is inside of an iframe with scrollbars showing. I need the scroll bars to be absent.

It seems that the problem would be solved if I could just have the Custom Link point to the Custom Web Tab. I noticed that using merge fields in the Custom Link I can link to {!$Action.Account.Tab} for instance, and even {!$Action.MyCustomObject__c.Tab}. However, I can't figure out how to do it for a Custom Web Tab.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can make these scrollbars go away?

Thanks

CYTEXONECYTEXONE

Hey :)

Does anyone have an easy solution to this problem?  I too am trying to set the frame height of a custom link with a sidebar and unfortunately i can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks so much

Dan