function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bikla78bikla78 

Custom Link and button -- help

Ok.

I was able to pass data to 2 fields from contact to a candidate object.  The contact name is currently a master detail datatype for candidates. The current company field is a lookup datatype in the candidate object. I created a custom button called new canidadate which create a new record from contacts to canidate. When this is done, the contact name from contacts and it's associcated company name gets populated in caniddate. The problem is, it is looking at all nameS in the database that have that name. For example, John Do is in company A and Company b. They are different contacts but when I click new caniddate it tells me to pick from the drop down  with the different John Dos as values to choose from. How do i get past this?? It should only bring in the contact id that i orginally was working with before i pressed new caniddate

/a0M/e?CF00N60000001OnWs={!Account.Name}&CF00N60000001NTUU={!Contact.Name}&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}
sushsush
You have to pass the contact ID as well as Contact name in the link to have unique values.

For example your link should be like this

/a0M/e?CF00N60000001OnWs={!Account.Name}&ContactID={!Contact.Id}&CF00N60000001NTUU={!Contact.Name}&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}
You can get ContactID  name from the browser by clicking on 'New' Standard Button in Candidate list on Contact Object