function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MatthewCMatthewC 

Dreamweaver

Has anybody been able to get Dreamweaver MX 2004 7.01 to work with the WSDL?
I keep getting "Unable to generate proxy"

Also, I have tried DreamFactory, ASP.net Web Matrix, Eclipse and I can't get any of them to access my http://sforce.netro.ca/netro.wsdl file.
I get proxy errors on pretty much everything.

Is their a special way to save the WSDL or does it require a special server or something.

Thanks

Matthew C

mike kreadenmike kreaden

I retrieved your wsdl, and received the following err:

"Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://sforce.netro.ca/netro.wsdl'. Line 1, Position 42"

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi MathewC,

I think you may have viewed your wsdl in IE and selected all and then copied and pasted into a new document.  Is this correct?  If so, this is not a good way to save your wsdl as IE puts a bunch of "stuff" into the content that is displayed, in particular, there are "pluses" and "minuses" that allow you to expand and collapse the content for easier reading.  When you paste these unwanted "extras" as part of your wsdl, you invalidate the well-formed-ness of the xml.

A better way would be to View Source on the document from IE and copy and paste that text into a new document, or just click File/Save As and save the file to your desktop.

Here is the wsdl from the link in your post, with the "extras" removed.

Cheers

montemonte

There have been several postings about DreamWeaver. I filed a bug with Macromedia because it appeared DW had a bug -- Flash and the CFMX Administation Console can create A Web Service object using the SFDC wsdl files, but DreamWeaver throws an error, regardless of the proxy generator you select.  Here is a portion of Macromedia's response that I received yesterday:

"I have been able to verify the issue in question. It is a bug in how we are parsing the WSDL file. I'm checking to see what the best way to proceed with this issue might be. I will get back to you in the next day or two once I've had the opportunity to talk to a few folks. "

When I know more about this issue, I will update this post.

MatthewCMatthewC
Any update on this yet?