function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MatthewCMatthewC 

Using InfoPath 2003 To Connect To Sforce Web Service

Has anybody got any experience setting up InfoPath 2003 with sforce. I'm getting errors trying to connect to my WSDL.

Can I just generate my WSDL file, then view source, then save as "test.wsdl" and put that on a web server. OR Do I need some special Web Server functions enabled? I am seeing a lot of this .asmx?WSDL and am not sure what the purpose of that is. I'm running IIS 6.0 Web Servers

Any thoughts on the above would be great, thanks

MatthewC

MatthewCMatthewC

I am getting this message in InfoPath 2003. Does sforce use literal or RPC encoding? I would sure love to figure this out.

WSDLOperation:The operation login had an invalid parts attribute HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
 - WSDLOperation:Initializing of the input message failed for operation login HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
 - WSDLPort:An operation for port Soap could not be initialized HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
 - WSDLPort:Analyzing the binding information for port Soap failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
 - WSDLService:Initialization of the port for service SforceService failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
 - WSDLReader:Analyzing the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error

Help Please

adamgadamg
It would be great if you could get InfoPath working with sforce - my sense is, however, that InfoPath is to strict to allow for generic Web service support. The sforce API using literal encoding, btw.
MatthewCMatthewC

It said in salesforce press releases that it's new API would easily integrate with programs like Info Path.

Matthew

Adam.ax74Adam.ax74

Did anyone ever get InfoPath working against an SForce WSDL?   The WSDL looks fine to me but gives the same error others have reported.

WSDLOperation:The operation login had an invalid parts attribute HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
 - WSDLOperation:Initializing of the input message failed for operation login HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
 - WSDLPort:An operation for port Soap could not be initialized HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
 - WSDLPort:Analyzing the binding information for port Soap failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
 - WSDLService:Initialization of the port for service SforceService failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
 - WSDLReader:Analyzing the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error