function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kenquickkenquick 

Salesforce TAPI

Is Salesforce.com TAPI compliant , or does it have any hooks to call to TAPI applications. 

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi kenquick,

Kind of a strange question.  I don't know of sforce is or isn't TAPI compliant as we don't provide any telephony services.  Not trying to be flip, just seems a strange question.

Now, as far as integrating to a telephone system using TAPI as the enabler, I don't see a problem.  As a matter of fact, one of the reasons that I have been away from the boards for the last few days is to complete a Cisco IP Phone itegration proof of concept.  The result of this work will be on display at the Networld + Interop show in Las Vegas next week as well as some sample code based on the demo.  This uses JTAPI and sforce to provide screen pops for inbound calls and pops call logging screens on call termination.

I'd be happy to discuss this with you further, if this is the type of integration you are looking for.

ravindimantha.ax108ravindimantha.ax108

Hello Dave

In deed this is the kind of question/info I am looking for. Please do post this information ASAP Like you I am requested to do a POC to do a Screen-Pop based on laceName w:st="on">AvayalaceName> laceName w:st="on">InteractionlaceName> laceType w:st="on">CenterlaceType> and Genesys

The requirement is to pass the 'Account Number' to the Salesforce so the Salesforce Browser interface will show the account details.

At the moment we are planning to do is write an Applet that implements the JTAPI and on receiving an event with the 'attached' 'Account Number' query and refresh the Salesforce browser window using JavaScript.

Please provide more information on your approach.

Thank you very much.

Cheers

Ravin

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Ravin,

Lets's discuss this offline.