function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GlennWGlennW 

Error creating a partner

When creating a partner object I receive an error if the "Role" field is blank.  In my case I am cloning objects where there is no value for the "Role" field.  Is this a bug? 

As the Role is not a manditory field I would think that it would not be required.

>> I've also tried to force the "Role" field to null by setting the .fieldstoNull property but I still get the
>> error saying that Role is required.  The exact error is:

>>StatusCode: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING
>>message: Required fields are missing: [Role]

Cheers;
GlennW

Message Edited by GlennW on 06-15-2004 01:57 PM

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi GlennW,

Well, it seems role IS required from the API.  Looks like this is not consistent with the App.

As a work around, you can set role to " " (a string that contains a singel space).

GlennWGlennW

Dave;

The error occurs for me on a generic "Clone Object" call (for cases where an object can not be re-parented).  I would like to avoid having to write specific code for this single issue.

Will there be a fix to this in the near future or will I need to add a special case to my clone class?

Cheers;
GlennW

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi GlennW,

Don't know if and when a fix will be created.  I've file a case to our dev guys.  As we are approaching a release, there is little to no chance that if this is a bug that it will be fixed prior to the release.