function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EricGEricG 

Modifying Offline Views

Many of my offline users recently upgraded to version 2 of the Offline Edition and complain that the Billing City is no longer displayed in the All Accounts view.  After some investigation, I discovered that the file "C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\salesforce.com\Offline2\program\Offline2\config\accountqueries.xml" appears to have a bug in it.  The Billing City is in fact listed as a field for the view, but it does not have all the parameters set like the other fields that are displayed.

In the original file, the section for the All Accounts view looks like this:

<table scope="all" alias="account" entity="account" type="master">
   <column alias="account.id" name="id"/>
   <column alias="account.name" name="name" displayindex="0" linktarget="account.id" columnlabel="Account Name"/>
   <column alias="account.site" name="site" displayindex="1" columnlabel="Account Site"/>
   <column alias="account.billingcity" name="billingcity"/>
   <column alias="account.billingstate" name="billingstate" displayindex="2" columnlabel="Billing State/Province"/>
   <column alias="account.phone" name="phone" displayindex="3" columnlabel="Phone"/>
   <column alias="account.type" name="type" displayindex="4" columnlabel="Type"/>
   <column alias="account.ownerid" name="ownerid"/>
   <column alias="account.createddate" name="createddate"/>
  </table>

Notice that the line for billingcity does not have a displayindex or column label.  As a test, I modified the line for the billingcity as follows and now it displays in the Offline Edition:

<table scope="all" alias="account" entity="account" type="master">
   <column alias="account.id" name="id"/>
   <column alias="account.name" name="name" displayindex="0" linktarget="account.id" columnlabel="Account Name"/>
   <column alias="account.site" name="site" displayindex="1" columnlabel="Account Site"/>
   <column alias="account.billingcity" name="billingcity" displayindex="2" columnlabel="Billing City"/>
   <column alias="account.billingstate" name="billingstate" displayindex="3" columnlabel="Billing State/Province"/>
   <column alias="account.phone" name="phone" displayindex="4" columnlabel="Phone"/>
   <column alias="account.type" name="type" displayindex="5" columnlabel="Type"/>
   <column alias="account.ownerid" name="ownerid"/>
   <column alias="account.createddate" name="createddate"/>
  </table>

Has anyone else dealt with this issue in the past?  Is this a solution I can distribute to my users?  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.