function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mshelmanmshelman 

Slow response to slow response??

It is Tuesday morning, Sep 12. Since Saturday evening, logging in to Enterprise 7.0 API from my Office Toolkit 3.0 application has been consistently  taking an average time of 70 seconds. I reported this yesterday morning on VB and Office board and another user confirmed that he was also experiencing this performance issue.

Although I am using developer edition it would be my understanding that all enterprise 7.0 API users on this server should be experiencing the same response time. This is a bit mind-boggling. If, as sometimes said, some 30% of SFDC requests are through the API then how can this performance issue persist for such a long time? Why aren’t users demanding a resolution? Or is 70 seconds considered an acceptable time for logon? What am I missing here?
Gareth DaviesGareth Davies

What instance?

I am experiencing no noticeable problem on EMEA or NA4 with APIV7.  (manual count of approx 3-5 secs.)

G.

mshelmanmshelman
Instance is NA2 or at least that's where I end up when I login to SFDC
SuperfellSuperfell
You're assuming its all users of the API, its not, it depends on both which instance you're on, and which tools you are using.