function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
habmanhabman 

Creating a relationship with OpportunityProducts

Hello,

I am trying to create a relationship between Assets and OpportunityProducts however the OpportunityProducts object is not available in the select list when creating a look up relationship.  Is there another way to create this relationship?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
WELLS TECWELLS TEC
Unless you would like to wait until the new release is out the only way to do this would be to do a many to many relationship. You first need to build a custom object as the connector to connecter object, the two and then create the look up for both of them. If you need further help in the help and training if you type in many to many it will explain more.
WELLS TECWELLS TEC
to early sorry about the bad writing. Basically if you build the custom object and then go in and do a look up to the custom object with your opportunity's products and your assets this will create a related list section in both the assets and the opportunity products. :smileywink:
habmanhabman

Thanks alot for the reply.  For some reason, I had not considered creating the relationship TO the join object ...I was trying to do it FROM the join object but obviously that was not an option.  Your suggestion will do the trick nicely!

Thanks again!