function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jmansfordjmansford 

Is there a Trigger for Email Sent regarding case?

I want to implement some basic support functionality whereby when a support person sends an e-mail to the contact regarding a case the from address is automatically changed to a generic e-mail address but retains their display name e.g. "Support Smith <support@mycomp.com>"

I also want to manipulate the subject line to include some kind of tracking token (probably the caseID) which I will use to process inbound e-mails.

Does anyone have any pointers? I can't find any relevant triggers.

Thanks in advance!

Joel Mansford

wgrawgra
Hi Joel,

At projectnet we have a whole framework in place - consisting of the mail2case application from Salesforce, a Trigger and some APEX code for relaying the messages with the thread ID of the case concerned and a set of workflows and custom formulas. It doesn't matter to whom the e-mails are addressed as all incoming e-mail traffic is processed by the mail2case application - for internal communication we use internal e-mail addresses which are by-passing the mail2case application.

We work with Blackberries where the e-mails are forwarded to with the thread ID added after the assignment to the responsible person. Employees are only getting the e-mails where they are responsible for - if necessary they may reassign the whole case in Salesforce just by relaying the e-mail to an internal address with a specific keyword.

All answers sent from the Blackberry are sent as a blind copy to an e-mail address processed by mail2case - the reply is automatically added to the e-mails in the original case, based on the included thread ID.

Like this it's even possible to efficiently work with a Blackberry "only" if internet access is difficult.

Please let me know if you are interested in more information. The value for us in terms of higher efficiency and far better process organisation is enormous.

We are currently rolling it out for some of our customers too.

You may contact me directly: sfcommunity@projectnet.ch

Best regards,

Werner