function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JFAJFA 

Production Penetration Reporting

I'm interested in setting up Opportunity fields and creating a report to demonstrate product penetration.

Namely, many organizations sell multiple products via one or more Opportunities with a company.  Ideally, organizations would like to sell all of their products to every customer, but obviously that doesn't happen in reality.  So executives are interested in product penetration reporting, namely what % of the organization's products are being successfully sold to each customer.

I can't readily think of a way to implement a list of products in Opportunity custom fields so users can log all products sold in a Opportunity, while still faciliating the desired product penetration report.  Whether I implement products as individual checkboxes or as one multi-picklist, an Opportunity Report won't sum the amount of checked product fields or mutli-picklist selections so I can calculate product penetration.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
-Jason
RickyGRickyG
Have you thought about defining a custom object and creating a master-detail relationship from the opportunity record?  You could create a report with a count of the products.  If you wanted to get a little more detail and start figuring penetration per product, you could do that pretty easily too.

Hope this helps.

- Rick Greenwald
Developer Evangelist