function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
D0ubleStakkedD0ubleStakked 

Image custom fields

Is there a way to create a custom field that is an image?

I am building a health indicator for opportunities that will be a Red, Yellow, or Green bubble image based on an algorithmn from an external system.

Thanks,
-Brian
TCAdminTCAdmin
Hello DoubleStakked,

You can use the formula(text) field and use the IMAGE() function.
Thanks Chris.

Is there a "best practice" for how to use partner images in S-Controls?

1.) The product that I am integrating with is located at client-sites, so I don't think I can serve the images from my product since I don't have a fixed URL to enter in the S-Control.

2.) I could upload the 3 images as Documents inside of Salesforce, and reference them that way.
  or
3.) I could serve the images from my company's marketing website, which would be a fixed URL, and I could then hard-code those image URLs in my S-Control.

Any of the 3 possible ideas listed above sound like a "better" choice?
Right now I'm leaning towards #2, but that does give my App Package a heavier footprint in the client's org.

Thanks,
-Brian

TCAdminTCAdmin
You would probably want to upload the images as a document.  If you put them outside of the system then the users will always get a pop-up asking if they would like to download unsecure components.
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
As a futher note, the AppExchange will automatically patch any ID values that reference a document (and possibly reports) that it finds in an S-Control, so when you upload the documents to the AppExchange, your S-Controls can reference the images from the documents tab, and they'll automatically have the correct ID when they are installed in the client organization.

~ sfdcfox ~

Is there an example anywhere that I could look at for how to reference images stored as Documents in an S-Control?

Thanks,

-Brian

nevermind - I'm good.

I found another thread that answered my question:

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=scontrols&message.id=797

2 final questions about when I put all of this together into an AppExchange package:

1.)  In my package, I can include Documents & a new public read-only folder?

2.)  When my package is deployed, will my S-Control still work with the references to those file Ids? 

Thanks,

-Brian