function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SL TanSL Tan 

Standard Object Page Question

Hi
Does anyone know if it is at all possible to "hide" the Reports and Tools items on the tab pages for Leads, Accounts and Contacts? If so, I will appreciate some pointer on how to do this.
In the case of a Report, how do we point it to another report or change to another report showing on the Report item?
Hope someone can help me on this
Many thanks in advance
SL
RickyGRickyG
SL -

In the latest release, you can override the home page of a tab with an S-Control, just as you can override a standard button.  I believe this will give you the capability you need.

Hope this helps.

- Rick Greenwald
Developer Evangelist
SL TanSL Tan

Hi Rick
Thanks a million for your valuable pointer. I've got this up and going now. This is great!
Best Regards
SL
SL TanSL Tan

Hi Rick
I have another question which I hope you can help me pertaining to the SControl to overide the Standard Tab. I have successfully done this and the Standard Home Tab page is functioning nicely. I copied and deleted relevant sections of the code generated from the Web Developer Toolbar View Source. However when I click on the New Button or the View options, the full page including the side bars and top menus of Salesforce are showing in the Content Frame. Can you please guide me as to which particular portions of the coding should be deleted to avoid this problem? I am sorry to bother you as I am not so familiar with coding and I am afraid of deleting the wrong codings creating more problems for users
Thanks in advance and best regards
SL