function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jim F.ax281Jim F.ax281 

How do I refresh SF from my popup?

Hi,

I'm opening my application through an SControl and redirecting to our URL.  We then perform some operations and want the parent window (SFDC) to refresh.  However, when I use

Jim F.ax281Jim F.ax281

I'm sorry, I mucked that up, didn't I ??  I'll start over.

I'm opening my application through an SControl and redirecting to our URL on another domain.  We then perform some operations and want the parent window (SFDC) to refresh.  However, when I use

window.opener.location.reload();

I get a Permission Denied error, because I am attempting to refresh cross-domain - in fact, I don't have any access to the location property of the opener.  Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can do this?  I'm hoping that we don't have to do anything drastic...

Thanks, Jim

sf consultant.ax380sf consultant.ax380
Unfortunately I'm in exactly the same situation as you and this is getting really annoying!!

The only think I could possibly think of might be to set some JS in the SF window to, at an interval keep polling the existince of a popup and when it no longer exists refresh the page while of coarse removing this interval after doing that.. :)  however then I'd be executing javascript everytime this page loads which I may not even be using since I'm not always gonna popup that window.  hmm.. Not sure haven't tried it yet but I can't think of anything else..

saustinsaustin
Im having the same problem... has anyone discovered a solution?