function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SimonZeacomSimonZeacom 

Best place for help and advice using the CTI Toolkit

Hi, I am trying to develop a CTI connector between our CTI system and Salesforce using the CTI Toolkit.

I have successfully compiled and run the Demo Adapter example and played with that and I am now working on my own connector. I am at the point where SalesforceCTI.exe is loading and calling into my code. I can see my UI and eventsink initialising in the logs and can see my CreateLoginForm() being called. The problem is that within the browser the softphone start to initialise then never actually starts up. It sits and says "Initializing Softphone..." and never progresses past this point.

Obviously I am doing something wrong or missing something but I am not sure what? In the demo code after initialisation you see the CTIConnect() being called but that isn't happening in my code. Perhaps I am missing something in my initialisation? What causes CTIConnect to be called?

Where is the best place to post questions such as this?

Thanks.

Simon Jansen
SimonZeacomSimonZeacom
Ah, after a fresh look this morning I worked out my issue. I wasn't calling the base class in CCTIUserInterface from my connectors UIAction function. Simple really.

Simon
werewolfwerewolf
To answer your original question, let's put questions about the CTI Toolkit here on the General Development board so that everyone can benefit from them.
ShirolkarShirolkar

Simon,

I am trying to do the same.  But am at a very early stage.  I am not able to build my CTI connector.

Get the following error:

Error    5    fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Program.obj'    AvayaCTIConnector    AvayaCTIConnector

I am using Visual Studio 2008.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Swapnesh

werewolfwerewolf

Well were you able to compile the original Demo Adapter project?

ShirolkarShirolkar

Yes.  That went fine and I can see the dialpad in my application.

Thanks,
Swapnesh