function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EMHDevEMHDev 

Force.com IDE - Can't print

Please can someone help me with a frustrating problem.  I have installed the latest Eclipse (Europa) IDE and all works fine except that I can't print.  The print button is greyed out.  Can anyone help? I'm running on XP. I've seen the problem reported by others when I've googled it, but can't find a solution.

Thanks,
Erica
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
You are right.  Unfortunately, printing is not enabled for the S-Control and Apex Code editors.  We'll look into.

In the meantime, please cut-n-paste to a text editor and print.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Chris
EMHDevEMHDev
Thanks for letting me know, at least I can stop trying to find a fix if there isn't one! I look forward to seeing it in the next release.

Thanks for the quick reply -
Erica
Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed
There is any possibility to export data(result of query) from eclipse - salesforce explorer to excel/csv/any. Thanks.

EMHDevEMHDev
Not sure how you'd do this, but I'd suggest using the Excel connector instead of the Explorer to do your query, then your results will be in Excel, no need to export.

Hope this helps,
Erica
JonPJonP
There are a number of data export tools available from salesforce.com and our partner ecosystem.  The Data Loader is a free desktop tool for importing and exporting Salesforce data to/from CSV files.  The Excel Connector, mentioned above, lets you interact with your Salesforce data from inside Excel.

For commercial solutions to support more sophisticated requirements, such as scheduled integration, see the Integration and Data Management category on the AppExchange.

Jon
NazeerNazeer

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply. But sforce IDE (also apex explore) is one support for relationship query and data loader not.

Nazeer / SF-Prince ;)

JonPJonP
Nazeer,

The Force.com IDE is focused on developing applications for the platform, not for managing data.  The Schema Explorer and Query tools in the IDE provide convenient methods for interrogating your schema and data for debugging purposes, without leaving your development environment.  The one place in the development cycle you may want to add new data is when testing Apex code, and the existing Test Method functionality allows you to add test data inside your tests without committing it to the database.

It's therefore unlikely we would add integration features like data import/export, which are more associated with managing a production environment, to the IDE.

As far as seeing the features you want added to the Data Loader, I'd highly recommend IdeaExchange.

Thanks,
Jon