function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WesGrayWesGray 

Customize Recent Items display field

I have an Employee object where Employee ID is the key field (aka the Record Name field).  When an employee shows up in the Recent Items list, the Employee ID is shown, which isn't very clear for the user.  Is it possible to make a different field show in the Recent Items list, specifically the Name field?

jpizzalajpizzala
Go to Setup -> [App Setup] Create -> Objects then click on the name of your custom object. Toward the bottom of the page, you will see a section called Search Layouts. The one you will want to edit will say Employees Tab (or something similar).

As a side note, you may want to update the other search layouts as well to streamline the user experience.
WesGrayWesGray
The question is about the Recent Items list which is in the left-hand navagation panel.  Changing the search layouts doesn't seem to affect it.

jpizzalajpizzala
I apologize, I misread your post :smileysad:

As for your actual question, I'm not sure that recent items list can be adjusted. You can, however, Enable Hover Details (Setup -> [App Setup] Customize -> User Interface) which will provide a hover window with additional information about the recent item entry.

Also, you can tailor the hover detail box to show only information that you want to see. To change the Mini Page Layout, go to Setup -> [App Setup] Customize -> ObjectName -> Page Layouts (for standard objects; Setup -> [App Setup] Create -> Objects then click on the name of the object and page layout for custom objects). Click on the name of the layout, then click the Mini Page Layout button at the top. You only have one column to work with, so it's best not to overcrowd.

I hope this actually helps this time

Message Edited by jpizzala on 04-02-2008 01:05 PM

Message Edited by jpizzala on 04-02-2008 01:06 PM
WesGrayWesGray
Yes that helps in that it confirms what I thought, that you can't change the recent items display field.  Thanks!
palukuru sfdcpalukuru sfdc
if this is standard object then YES. we can do it.
follow this "Goto Setup | Customize | Leads | Search Layouts | Edit "Leads Tab" layout | Add new fields to visible column"
Anshu Kumar 16Anshu Kumar 16
Yes you can change the display fields of recent items for custom objects too by editing the "Employees Tab" inside the search layout options as i have the custom Object  "Employees" here. hope it will help you.User-added image