function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mwilkesmwilkes 

Using the Custom Tabs

Hi all,

I have an issue with using the custom tab in SFDC. I am trying to create a single sign on using the tab/iframe function. I have successfully been able to open my web application with the tab but the problem is that the application requires session variables and the salesforce tab uses an ifram, which does not establish a session variable.

Anybody have any words of wisdom for me to get me out of this problem? The application work perfectly if I have already established a session, but if this is a first time connection then it will not run. The application environment is IIS5/Windows2000/ASP application...

Any help would be appreciated.

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi mwilkes,

This is a p3p privacy and cookie related issue.  Basically, IE will not let a cookie be set for a site that is hosted in an iframe of a different site without some assurances that the site in the iframe is not nefarious.  You do this by setting http headers that indicate p3p policy.

Attached is a draft of an upcoming technote that describes the issue and provides the required information to resolve it.

mwilkesmwilkes

thx.. this helps allot

BI DeveloperBI Developer

I think I'm having the same problem...the dreaded IE security red-eye.

I read the TechNote and tried the both following in classic ASP but neither worked.

Has anyone gotten this to work in Classic ASP and can help with syntax?

Response.AddHeader "P3P", "CP=DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT"

Response.AddHeader "P3P", "CP=IDC DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT"