function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CYTEXONECYTEXONE 

Hey Everyone... Can you give me a hand figuring this out?

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me figure this out.  It would be awesome.  We have added Service Timecard Custom Object Records to our system to track billable hours on Jobs and for customers.  The are linked to a few different parent items (including Accounts, Cases, Projects).  When I pull up a case per say it shows me the Service Timecard section as a section below the main information, and all of the timecards associated with that case.

Ok here is what I'm looking to do.  I would like to have a Formula field add up all of the hours worked contained within the Service Timecards associated with that Record. 

IE if there is a case with 2 service timecards.  One for 1 hour and one for 2 hours, on the case record I could have a field show us Total Time Worked : 3 Hours.

If anyone can show me how to do this I would owe you a huge favor.

Thanks so much.

Dan Levine
CYTEXONE
benjasikbenjasik
so you want a formula that can sum up the children related to a parent?  If so, that's not doable today with formulas (it is on the roadmap, check out IdeaExchange), but you could have an api job to denormalize this.
adamgadamg
FYI, this is a planned feature we internally refer to as "Summary Fields" - and its at (or near) the top of the list.
CYTEXONECYTEXONE
What is the ETA of this feature?
adamgadamg
Sorry, no ETA available.  All I can share is what we know, which is that its something we are actively working on.
MKPartners.comMKPartners.com
I've created several of these types of functions for my clients.  I think the Quote App by salesforce has an s-control to sum related lists, that would be a good starting point.

-Matt
CYTEXONECYTEXONE
Hey Matt,

I can't find this Quote App that you are referring to, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks