function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KajaKaja 

how to display the Account's Field on the Opportunity header?

Hi,

Is it possible to pull the Country(picklist from Account record)  and display this on the Opportunity header?

This field would be readonly on the Opportunity. This Field also be available as a picklist field when creating Views
Please guide me how to meet this requirment.

thanks in advance.
Kaja

Message Edited by Kaja on 09-22-2008 05:17 AM
AkiTAkiT
You can create text formula field (cross-object) on opportunity.

It would be somthing like: Account.My_Custom_Country__c
KajaKaja

thanks but This is not copied over into Opportunity 's newly created formula field(text) automatically.

Any suggestion ?

I need to pull the data(country) from Account to Opportunity Country formula field.

AkiTAkiT
If you have country field My_Custom_Country__c in Account - In the opportunity formula field you need to type:

"Account.My_Custom_Country__c"

This should do it. Assuming Account is parent for opportunity which is by design.
KajaKaja

The problem is that My_Custom_Country__c is the picklist field. If it is text field, it might be copied.

Can't we copy the value of the picklist field from account to opportunity?

plz suggest.

KajaKaja
Ok, i think the only way to get the picklist value using CASE or ISPICKLVAL ! !
Weird, sfdc limitation again. I've 100 countries in the picklist. should i have to add everything in case to get the value which was selected in account.. horrible :-(
KajaKaja

There is a limitation in Formula field! Anybody knows whats the other way of doing this?

Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (6,266 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters

Please do the needful