function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SL TanSL Tan 

Splash Page for Standard Objects

Hi
I am wondering if it is possible to introduce a Splash Page for the Standard Objects such as Leads and Accounts so that we can add some information with regards to custom fields we have created for these Standard Objects for new users?
Any advise is highly appreciated
Thanks in advance
SL
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You can override the standard tabs with an S-Control now (EE/DE/UE only) and have the Splash page contain a button that goes to the normal tab view afterwards. Only problem is, users can't dismiss this splash screen forever (but you could set a cookie so as long as they don't clear their cookies, they're fine). Probably want to do a feature request.

~ sfdcfox ~

SL TanSL Tan

Hi
Thanks for your kind reply and advise. As users cannot dismiss the Splash Screen forever, this may be a bit of an issue here so I think what I will do is to create a "Reminder" custom link button on the detailed page that opens in a new window. I think this will be the best at the moment and make it neat
Thanks again for your help
Best Regards
SL
CRM SuperheroCRM Superhero
Could you give some more information on the S control that will allow this splash page? A splash page that a user can't dismiss forever would actually be useful in my case. Thank you for any help you can provide.
SL TanSL Tan

Hi

I have replaced the S-Control with Visualforce Page, which I would recommend to use, as I understand Salesforce will be discontinuing the use of S-Controls for new developments from 2010.

This is a resource link which I find most useful for VF Pages creation, in case you need reference material:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Force.com_Tutorial:_An_Introduction_to_Visualforce

Best Regards

SL