function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
UsamaUsama 

Dated Exchange Rates Implementation

Hi,
     I want to use dated exchange rates option in my app but i have  lots of custom objects.Anybody has implmented this feature in their existing apps.
Anybody can you guide me how to implement this feature?Any technique because currently it is not supporting custom objects and It can also effect the reports. 

My another question is for the reports, when we group the field in the matrix report.Why diffrent currencies convert into USD inspite  not using the currency converted field?
Thx,
Reg.
mojeebahmedmojeebahmed
We also want to enable the Advance Currency Feature, but the problem is that salesforce is currently supporting very few Object like Opportunity and Opportunity Product etc. I know that the advance currency feature will look at the Opportunity Close Date and then apply the correct dated currency rate to the records to display the converted currency fields in the supported object.

I also know that the problem or issue with this feature to support the custom objects is to identify the date which will be used for the dated currency. it could be the created date or last modified date etc or may be if the custom object has a master detail relation then the dated currency could also use the date field from the parent object.

I came to know that the dated currency feature might support the custom objects in some future release. The dated currency feature is a very useful feature and we would like this feature to support all the custom objects and standard objects. And there should also be an option in the object (standard and custom) to select the date field which will be used for the dated currency rates (like currently this feature uses the opportunity close date to get the correct dated currency rate). This option will allow the users to select a date field with in the custom object like the created date or last modified date or any other date field in custom object or the date field from its parent object if it is in a master detail relation ship.
crmSOScrmSOS

Hi there, the reason for this is because in a matrix report, Salesforce add up the currency field to display a total value. If it was to add up the currency fields using the different currencies specified on your records, you would end up with a sum that meant nothing, as the currencies are all different... £100 + $100 is not £200 or $200. 

So, it's trying to be clever and converts all the values in your matrix to the default company currency, which in your case is USD. So £100 + $100 is probably somethng like £160 or $240. (My maths is terrible but you get the idea)

It will show you the actual currencies in the detail if you click "Show data" on the report, because the raw data is still in the original currency. 

Does that help?

Marcelle

0800 771 0147

crmSOS