function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sunmagic2003sunmagic2003 

how can bulletin board authicate with salesforce username and password

I am looking into how can we authicate salesforce username and password with bulletin board. Has anyone done this before or give me some information.

Thanks.

pfarrellpfarrell
Can you be more specific about what you mean by "bulletin board"?
sunmagic2003sunmagic2003
like vBulletin, how can we setup a user with salesforce username password to accss vButtein without create a new username and password.

thanks.
pfarrellpfarrell
if you want to pull data from salesforce.com, then investigate Apex code

if you want salesforce.com to push data to vBulletin, then investigate Salesforce SOA.

in the Apex method, you can interact with Salesforce using any language that can consume web services (including javascript).  You will pass the salesforce auth info when you connect to salesforce.

in the SOA method, you will have to consume a web service offered by vBulletin to get data from salesforce into their system.

Message Edited by pfarrell on 09-10-2007 01:44 PM

sunmagic2003sunmagic2003
Thanks. Do you have any suggestion for other 3rd party software that I can purchase instead.

pfarrellpfarrell
Before you abandon vBulletin or Salesforce, check out this video
sunmagic2003sunmagic2003
sorry, I was not able to view this.

pfarrellpfarrell

dang internet :). How about this one? It's about Salesforce SOA.  I found it very informative.
sunmagic2003sunmagic2003
Thanks. I already saw this one. We want to save time so we would like to get 3rd party that will use salesforce.com username and password and run then bulletin without necessary to sign on again. Just use salesforce username and password.

Thanks.
pfarrellpfarrell
Sorry I couldn't help.  gl sunmagic2003