function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
YolandaYolanda 

How do I modify the sidebar?

I'm new to Saleforce.com.  I have created a custom tab that builds a url to my site.  I now want to modify the sidebar so that I can add contacts and custom buttons and links.

I tried following the help documentation but it didn't seem to line up with my options on the page.  Can someone give me an idea of how to modify the sidebar and add contacts?  I'm hoping that I'll be able to figure out the custom buttons and links after that.
msilbermsilber
You can customize the sidebar by going to Setup->Customize->Home. From there, you can add home page components and custom links. You then can chose what profiles see what home page layouts (which include sidebar items).

If you search online help for Home Page Layouts or Home Page Components you will find tons of information on how this works.

Mark
YolandaYolanda
I saw that documentation however I wanted to customize the sidebar on my custom tab and not the home page.  Is that doable?
msilbermsilber
Ok -- now I understand what you are trying to do. The Sidebar can't change based on what tab a user is on -- even if it's a custom tab.