function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andy_PatelAndy_Patel 

Custom S-Control Form

Hello there,

can anyone help me with creating custom S-Control Form?  Possiblely an example of it.

Here is what i am tring to make in form.
input box for contract name
input box for contract link

Thank you,
CJagannathCJagannath

Hi

You can have following procedure as solution

-in HTML section of your Scontrol write text input type (to collect contract name, contract link)

-in JavaScript section of the same SControl, try to inject the values you got through the form:

For this you may apply following actions (you may keep these actions in your javascript section)

-Initialize the object in which you will create record; for this you can write: var <any name; say ACC>= new sforce.SObject(“<Object Name>”)

-Create record; for this you can write: <object variable name>.set("<column name>", <value you retrieved from your form> )

-once you are done with this SControl, you can incorporate it with custom link/custom button according to your business needs.

Thanks and regards,

Jagannath

Message Edited by CJagannath on 09-18-2007 03:03 AM

Message Edited by CJagannath on 09-18-2007 03:04 AM

Andy_PatelAndy_Patel
Thank you, that helped me out a lot.

but do you know how to remove double iframing,  once i click on save it submit the form but then it comes up with double iframe.

any suggestion?

once again thank you
CJagannathCJagannath

I would suggest to put in a javascript function which will be called once you hit the submit/save button. In that function you can incorporate the function "window.close()" to close the new window. This way you can get out of your double iframe issue.

Thanks and regards,

Jagannath