function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
flyguyflyguy 

Queue is no longer in the API!!

Today, our custom portal stopped functioning.  We're getting the exception like "Invalid Object sObject Type Queue" when attempting to get the Queue Name given an owner ID of a case.  When I downloaded the most recent WDSL, I notice Queue is no longer there.  We rely on this feature in our portal!
benjasikbenjasik
Queue is still in 4.0 and below. It was removed in 5.0 in favor of Group. Note that a Group of type Case or Lead is a CaseQueue or a leadQueue. The data is still there.

Did you just upgrad to 5.0? Nothing has changed in 4.0 and below.

This was covered in the 5.0 release notes.
flyguyflyguy

Actually, I did upgrade to the latest WDSL this weekend because I added a custom field to an object that I wanted to include in the API.  I noticed Queue was not in there then.  Baffled, I added it manually, and it seemed to work in testing.  I guess that's the problem.  Can I just change Queue to Group in my code?  All I need to due is given an ID, retreive the Queue name.

Thanks
Bill Bither
Atalasoft

benjasikbenjasik
Yes, given an ID, you can get it from the Group. A queue is just another type of a group. We moved these to a single entity to try and simplify the number of entities.

Also see: http://www.sforce.com/resources/tn-13.jsp

Queue and QueueMember are removed from the 5.0 WSDL - While they will continue to be supported in 4.0 and below, they will eventually be removed from the API. Code should migrate to Group and GroupMember. A Queue is a group of type Case or Lead.
flyguyflyguy

Thanks, that did it.  I didn't intend on upgrading to 5.0, but I guess I was forced to by grabbing a new WDSL.  I panicked when I say the Queue was missing. 

Regards
Bill Bither
Atalasoft

benjasikbenjasik
Best to always read the release notes when upgrading to a new version of the API