function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OlegBOlegB 

Self-Service user's information

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way of getting information of a "Self-Service" user through the API. I'm passing a user ID of the user currently logged in to the self-service portal into my servlet (as a link parameter) and I'm trying to get the email address based on that ID.  I'd like to avoid passing the email address for security concerns. The problem is that this is not a regular SF User or Contact and I can't seem to query for any other details of that self-service user ID. Is there a way to do it at all? If so, which object would I query?

Thank you,

Oleg.

benjasikbenjasik
Not yet. We are working on exposing SelfService users for the next release.
OlegBOlegB

Ok, great! Thank you for the prompt reply.

Oleg.

FourthHospitaliFourthHospitali

Will this give the ability to create a contact and enable self service access for the contact as well as setting their password at the same time?

Do you know when this functionality will be released?

Thanks!!!!

benjasikbenjasik
Today you have the ability to create a contact.

This functionality will let you create, update, delete, and query self service users. Relating a self-service user to a contact will be required when you create the self service user. The likely flow would be you'd query to see if the contact exists. If it does, you'd create the self-service user parented to that contact. If no, create the contact first, then create the self service user.

You will be able to both set and reset their passwords.

We are targeting the next release. I don't have an exact date for that however.