function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
natemanleynatemanley 

Enabling Self-Service Access VIA the API

Curious if there is a way to in effect "click" the Enable Self-Service button that is in SalesForce on the contact detail screen?  And still having SalesForce send out the contact's email with their username and password.

For various reasons I am looking for a way to automatically set users up for access to the SSP, avoiding a human having to find a customers contact record and clicking the button to setup the users.  Picture a batch process that looks for accounts that have a certain Asset record and if so automatically set each contact on that account up with access to the SSP.  We also have a large amount of contacts from our old CRM to import into SalesForce.  This set of contacts also needs to be setup with SSP access, it would be nice to not have to have a human touch a few thousand records to accomplish this.

benjasikbenjasik
Management of self service users is planned for the next version of the API.
sgeninsgenin
Hello,

Do you know when the next release of the API (containing the Self Service support) will be available?

Thanks
Stéphane
darozdaroz
Theres already press out there (search Google News) that indicates the next release will be in June. I don't know how much self-service API will be in there as, unfortunately, I don't use it...