function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmorgancmorgan 

Web link on custom object to create new custom object record with same parent

I've created a custom object that has a master-detail relationship with account.  On the custom object I've created a web link that should: a) open a new custom object record, b) take data from fields of the original record and move them into different fields of the new record, and c) maintain the account relationship of the original record.  I've got a) and b) working fine, but cannot seem to get the account name from the original record into the account lookup field of the new record.  I can only seem to transpose the account ID into the account field of the new record.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks

cmorgancmorgan

Duh...I figured it out. If interested, I used the string from the clone button and then mapped the fields from the old record to different fields in the new record and blanked out other fields that I didn't want cloned, as below:

https://na1.salesforce.com/{!Inspection_History_ID}/e?retURL=%2F{!Inspection_History_ID}&clone=1&00N30000000jbeT={!Inspection_History_System_Type_Frequency}&00N30000000jbeX={!Inspection_History_Completed_On}&00N30000000jcd4=""&00N30000000juZO=""&00N30000000jbg9=""&00N30000000jbgD=""&00N30000000jbmZ=""

Katie_TKatie_T

I am trying to do something similar and am very interested in this code, but I can not access the link.  Would you mind sending me the code?  --kts127@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Katie