function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HaroldHHaroldH 

getDeleted max length 2000?

Is there a recommended approach to dealing with the presumed 2000 record limit on the result of a getDeleted call? That is, what is to be done if more than 2000 records have been deleted (from a replicateable object, of course)?

There is no getDeletedMore method.

I seem to recall this having been discussed before, but can't find it in the archives.
SuperfellSuperfell
You can use a smaller timeframe unless you're already down to the minimum timeframe of 1 minute.
HaroldHHaroldH
I suppose we can come up with a clever workaround then, which will recursively split the timeframe in half, until we get fewer than 2000 records, then work our way back out.

I'll be looking forward to getDeletedMore()... :-)
SuperfellSuperfell
There is no 2000 record limit for getDeleted or getUpdated.
HaroldHHaroldH

Hi Simon,

Just to confirm, are you saying that a getDeleted() call would return a collection, say, 15,000 Record IDs, if in fact I had deleted 15,000 records?  It was my understanding that the getDeleted() and getUpdated() routines functioned similarly to the query() routine, which returns no more than 2000 records at a time.

Thus, in order to handle a situation where, say, 5000 records had CHANGED, then it was preferable to use a query() call where the LastUpdatedDate was within a specified date range, and use queryMore() to walk through all 5000 records, because getUpdated() would only return the set of the first 2000 records.

Thanks.

SuperfellSuperfell
I just did a test and did a getUpdated call on account and got back 20,000 Ids. (having just created 20k accounts)