function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
samksamk 

Volume Based Pricing for Products

Is there any way to handle volume based pricing in SF.com

Product --------- 1000 - 2000 --- 2000-3000
Product A             $1.00                $2.00

So when select the products, I would like to select a  volume pricing of the product.

Thank You
Ken

_dj_dj

any solution here?

in addition to tier pricing, we are also interested in volume pricing.

thanks

hitesh

CafeCafe
Has anyone figured out an answer to this? Is there a free app we could download that would help with this?

Thanks!
advlgxpmadvlgxpm

Have you tried using Price Books? Limitation here is that you can only have one price book assigned to an opportunity to select products from. You can't switch back and forth. So with a Price Book you can set up

Tier 1

Tier 2

etc......

CafeCafe
I'm just getting started with Price Books. I see how we could create different pricebooks for different quantities, but it would be great to have a way to automatically change the price on a product when the quantity changes. As far as I can do, I'll probably either have to get an app, or create some validation rules. Has anyone been able to do this through validation rules?

amiller0412amiller0412

Were you able to solve the problem you have?  I am facing the same issue.  If you were able to resolve this issue, can you please share with me on how this can be done?

Thank you.

Annie

CafeCafe
Unfortunately, we never found a very good solution for this. We ended up creating quantity discount products with negative values. Our Sales reps have to change the value of the quantity discount based on the quantity they are selling. It is a very manual process.
amiller0412amiller0412

Thank you for getting back so quickly.  That is what we are doing right now.  Very manual. 

Thanks.

EastwayEastway
This article explains 4 different approaches to volume pricing, together with the impact of each on margin. The article also explains how to implement each one in native salesforce so that salespeople can stop referring to spreadsheets or ring binders. This improves efficiency, avoids errors and means you have much tighter control over pricing and discounts.
http://garysmithpartnership.com/volume-based-pricing-salesforce/