function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pmozzpmozz 

Custom Object with Email Template

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.  I create a custom object - Call Report - which has a number of different fields.  Because we are still not integrated with Lotus Notes, I need to come up with some way to email the call report information without a lot of cut and paste.  Email option is not available from a custom object so I am trying to create a link that opens the email pop up window, calls an email template and then populate the template with info from the call report.  This is what I have so far:

https://na1.salesforce.com/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=%2F00630000001YuWK&what_id=00630000001YuWK&template_id=00X30000000fkTW&new_template=1&p2

So the email window opens, the template is called, the merge fields show up, but nothing gets populated.  I don't know how to call the info from the current call report.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Patti

AlexhAlexh
Patti,

Did you ever make any progress with this, I am about to try and perform a similar action (email the details of a custom object) and I assume I will encounter the same issues as yourself.

If you ever resolved the issue I would be very interested to hear how.

Thanks,
Alex
pmozzpmozz
Unfortunately, I have not resolved this problem.  I did recently ask a friend that does some development work to take a look at it.  If I get anything back from him, I will share it with you here.