function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
blakeLLblakeLL 

Combine mulitple related lists together

I have created 4 custom objects for a series of checklist involving customer implementation. Each will be related to a case, but also to the account. The problem is that the account detail page is starting to look too cluttered and segmented. Is there a way to combine these custom objects under one heading?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
blakeLLblakeLL

I ended up using record types for the main object and combining all of the other records together into the main object. Each record has it's type preserved that way.

I also consolidated all of the different fields together and had page type assignments to the diffferent checklists had different fields displayed.

I hope that makes sense, but I love the use of record types and assigning page layouts.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Right now there isn't a way to combine them, unless you want to replace the related lists entirely with an Scontrol that shows them together, but that would take some doing and would not show up in the related lists area (but instead on the detail area).

Message Edited by werewolf on 04-14-2008 09:07 AM
blakeLLblakeLL

I ended up using record types for the main object and combining all of the other records together into the main object. Each record has it's type preserved that way.

I also consolidated all of the different fields together and had page type assignments to the diffferent checklists had different fields displayed.

I hope that makes sense, but I love the use of record types and assigning page layouts.

This was selected as the best answer