function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WesGrayWesGray 

Can submitting for approval create a task?

I have been playing around with creating approval processes and I can make it so that when one user submits a new record for approval another user gets an email.  I was thinking there would be a way to cause the user whose approval is needed to get an item added to their "My Tasks" lists on their home tab, but I can't figure out how to do this?  Is there a way?  If not, is there any other way to get pending approvals to show up on the home tab?  I was able to create a report to find unapproved records and put it on a dashboard, but I'm hoping there is a simpler way.  Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ivantsyivantsy

Hello!

Could you, please, post (small) example how to show ProcessInstanceWorkItem on custom page?

I tried using <apex.listViews type="ProcessInstanceWorkItem"...>, but I always get an error.

When I put another standard object to type it works.

I do not have much experience with VF for now and I cannot find where is a problem (for now).

Thank you.

Message Edited by ivantsy on 01-13-2010 04:39 PM
Thanks to everybody, who tried to help me!
I found a solution: I used <apex:relatedList list="ProcessSteps"...
Message Edited by ivantsy on 01-14-2010 06:42 AM

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Actually there's a different home page component you can put on the home page layout called "Items To Approve."  That will do what you're looking for, and it's better than cluttering up My Tasks.
ivantsyivantsy

Hello!

Could you, please, post (small) example how to show ProcessInstanceWorkItem on custom page?

I tried using <apex.listViews type="ProcessInstanceWorkItem"...>, but I always get an error.

When I put another standard object to type it works.

I do not have much experience with VF for now and I cannot find where is a problem (for now).

Thank you.

Message Edited by ivantsy on 01-13-2010 04:39 PM
Thanks to everybody, who tried to help me!
I found a solution: I used <apex:relatedList list="ProcessSteps"...
Message Edited by ivantsy on 01-14-2010 06:42 AM
This was selected as the best answer