function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dlcsfadmindlcsfadmin 

Apex dataloader question

I am trying to upload mass attachments to existing records in salesforce. What does the last ID represent in the body field ? This is sample record in the Apex dataloader .pdf user guide. What is this ID supposed to be? "00P30000000flztEAA " in the body field?
ParentId,          Name,               IsPrivate, OwnerId,  Body
701300000000iNIAAY,Customer Letter.pdf,0,00530000000dfAPAAY,C:\WES\Attachments\00P30000000flztEAA

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
I would think that's not really an ID but a path to the file that contains the attachment body.  It just happens to look like an ID here.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
I would think that's not really an ID but a path to the file that contains the attachment body.  It just happens to look like an ID here.
This was selected as the best answer
dlcsfadmindlcsfadmin
But when I place the attachment name there ,the dataloader brings back an error message
werewolfwerewolf
Are you putting the name or the path?  Path would be like c:\temp\attachment.txt
dlcsfadmindlcsfadmin
I did all that and here is what happened below. Please see how everything is structured and the error that the dataloader spit out

UploadTest.csv
- this is the dataloader upload file that tells the dataloader where the attachment file is located

ParentID,Name,OwnerID,Body
003300000048JsW,Test.txt,00530000000d0V0,C:\Documents and Settings\brian\Test.txt

error042408448.csv
- this file is the error file that the dataloader showed
ParentID,Name,OwnerID,Body,ERROR_MESSAGE
003300000048JsW,Test.txt,00530000000d0V0,C:\Documents and Settings\brian\Test.txt,Required fields are missing: [Body]

Test.txt
- This is the actual attachment loading into Salesforce which is on located in C:\Documents and Settings\brian\Test.txt

Message Edited by dlcsfadmin on 04-29-2008 02:10 PM
VinOKVinOK

I know I'm answering an old post, but just so that future readers aren't confused.

the CSV that you have mentioned above should work, but i believe that you need to put quotes around the path name of the CSV file.  that might do the trick.

Message Edited by VinOK on 12-29-2008 07:24 AM