function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MadhuriMadhuri 

How to expose S-control to external web applications

Hi all,

I am trying to access custom object records from external web application. Is it possible to access the record from S-control and expose S-control as webservice?

My requirement is to send URL from salesforce to external application to access custom object record page.

thanks in advance,
Madhu
Carl_V1Carl_V1
Why not access the records you need directly from the web app itself, via the Salesforce.com API?
MadhuriMadhuri
Thanks for your reply Carl.

Actually from our web application the user will just have to click on the link which should take the user to Salesforce record (Custom object record).
Which means that we don't need to get the values from SF and display in our web application. We have to load the SF page by internally logging in.

Thanks and regards,
Madhu

Carl_V1Carl_V1
If you need to send user to a record within sf.com, maybe build out a URL (https://<instance>.salesforce.com/sserv/login.jsp?orgId=<org_id>&un=<user>&pw=<password> etc) that merges login credentials and passes in the start page, the start page being the custom record you wish the user to view? Of course, you'd need to have the record Id to hand. Havent tried it myself but might work for you?

Message Edited by Carl_V1 on 04-25-2008 04:27 AM