function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arun BArun B 

Redirecting to SalesForce home page from my website

Hello there,
I am developing a application for my company using flex and salesforce.com technologies. I have the below requirement: I need to be able to authenticate the user(sales force login id) from my website (developed using MXML and action scripts) and upon successful authentication, I should redirect them to my salesforce.com org home page (i.e., to the home tab and not to the login.salesforce.com page). If anyone has inputs or pointers on how to do this, can you pls share that with me ?

Thanks,
A B 
SteveBowerSteveBower

Offhand, search around for frontdoor.jsp in the forums.  Perhaps you can redirect your user through that mechanism. -S

Ron HessRon Hess
I think the Flex toolkit has a frontdoor method, take a look in the source code.
so you login with flex, get the session id , then go thru the frontdoor function if i recall.
Arun BArun B
Ron and Steve,
Thanks a lot for the pointers.

I digged deeper and found that apex.getFrontDoorUrl() is the method to retrieve the front door URL in action script. Then I just did a navigateToURL() to redirect to SalesForce.com

What a wonderful forum is this .. thanks for the support.

Regards,
A B
Arnaud CombesArnaud Combes
Hello,

I would like to make exactly the same thing, redirect from my website to a visualforce page after login (the login will be integrated in my website), but the Flex toolkit is only in Flash, and I prefer to not use Flash today. Do you know if there is another way to do it ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,