function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sprnsprn 

Sharing my data with another user in Developer edition

Hi,

I am using developer edition. I created two users(incl myself) in the system.

The problem is the records created by user1 is not becoming visible to user2. For example, user1 and user2 can see and create a lead record individually but cannot see each others records. If user 1 creates a lead "Acme", user2 cannot see it and vice versa where both the users have field, object and record level permission granted on the lead object.

Lead: owned by members of     Public Group         Entire Organization
Share with                                    Public GroupEntire Organization
*Access Level
Read OnlyRead/Write

Even sharing the records manually didn't work. Is there any constraint in record sharing in developer edition or I am missing something?

Please help.

SirishaMSirishaM
Hi,

As far as I know the record level settings are set using the sharing settings under the security controls.
If the object access level is specified as private then the records become private to the owner and will not be seen by the other user.

I had a similar problem with my application. I did mess up some of the field level settings while creating the fields. So my advice to u wud be to grant full access while creating the fields and then set the access level for each object separately.

Once again to summarize ..

Profiles set the object level security
Sharing settings set the record level security
At last set the field level security like which field is visible to whom.

P.S : I am also  a new user ..this is what I learnt in my experience .If I am wrong anywhere pls correct me

Sirisha
sprnsprn
Thanks Shirisha,

I'll follow the same onwards.