function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dman100Dman100 

Eclipse non responsive

Everytime I open Eclipse it locks up and is non-responsive.  I have several force.com projects and I have been able to work in each project fine for some time.  Eclipse stopped responding the other day and I cannot get it to stop locking up.

It shows Building Workspace (sleeping) with the status bar all the way to 100%

and it shows Initializing Java Tooling with the status bar at 0%

but, nothing is happening.  There is no activity.

Anyone know how to correct this? 

JonPJonP

First, check the log files to see if anything funny is going on:

{workspace}/.metadata/.log = Eclipse console log

{workspace}/.metadata/.plugins/.com.salesforce.ide.core/force-ide.log = Force.com IDE log

With the Eclipse Platform, there are usually all kinds of warnings and even exceptions, that don't necessarily mean anything. But if you want to post any log snippets here, or send me the files in a private message, we'll see what we can do.

In the meantime, a few other questions:

1. Do you know what day this behavior first started?

2. When was the last time you'd used Eclipse successfully?

3. What Salesforce instance is your organization on? e.g. after you log in using a browser, what's the hostname?

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

Dman100Dman100

Hi JonP,

I sent you a private message with the logfile contents.  It was lengthy, so I'm not sure it sent successfully.  Let me know if you did not receive.

The behavior started a couple of days ago and I was able to successfully use Eclipse the day prior to the problem occurring.

The hostname for our instance is na5.

pokey42pokey42

Hi,

I am experieincing the same issue as Dman100 is.  I am running eclipse Juno on A VM running Suse 12.1.  I uninstalled Eclipse and reinstalled and I was able to work again.  I came in this evening and the same thing happened.  Can anyone assist?