function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gprasunagprasuna 

Integrating to Salesforce

Hi,

I am new to Salesforce, I want to integrate our Application with Salesforce and i have created a VisualForce page in that i have created dropdowns which gets values from Salesforce but i want to get those values from our Organisation and when clicked on save button, it should be stored in our Organisation and also in Salesforce.

Can we do this using Webservices.Can anyone help me how to do all this.

Thanks,

prasuna.

shillyershillyer

Hi Prasuna,

Does your application have it's own Web Service API? If so, your Visualforce page could use Apex to call an external web service to retrieve the data into Salesforce. For any data entered in Salesforce, that you want pushed to your app, this can be done with Outbound Messaging. This article covers these 2 topics and a few others:

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Integrating_with_the_Force.com_Platform

Hope that helps,

Sati

gprasunagprasuna

Hi,

Our company uses webservices partially, I have created a java class which is used to get those dropdown values from our organisation's database and i have created a wsdl file in which i have defined the java class method and its parameters. Now when i upload this wsdl into salesforce it automatically creates an Apex class then how to connect to the dropdowns in the Visualforce page, also i have created controller to get values from salesforce database then in that case which Apex class should i use. please help.

Thanks,

prasuna.