function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ian@TelmarIan@Telmar 

Annoying pop-up

I know this was posted before, but can't seem to find the solution.  I want to prevent the SFDC pop ad appearing everytime I change apps or go near the setup link.  I used this code in Message and Alerts before and it seemed to work for a while, but now is back and driving me nuts.  Please help.

<script type="text/javascript">
setCookie('sawBanner', 'unlimitedEdition');
</script>
SalesforcewatchSalesforcewatch
Ian,

Try this change:

setCookie(’sawBanner’, ’winter07’);

Found this over on Salesforce Heretic's blog: http://sfdc-heretic.warped-minds.com/2006/11/02/more-obtrusive-ads/#more-36

-- Mark
Ian@TelmarIan@Telmar

Thanks Mark...works perfect.  I guess i will have to change that each time they change the ad. 

For SFDC folks, your pop-up ads frustrate your biggest allies...the system admins.  You may want to re-think the use of these ads.

JC@AstadiaJC@Astadia
Ian;
   Where / how exactly are you inserting this code?  I'd love to get rid of the ad myself but am unfamiliar with how you're getting it done.

Many Thanks;
JC@Astadia
Ian@TelmarIan@Telmar
Under setup>customize>home page components, look for messages and alerts, then click edit.  Cut and paste the code into the top of the message.  The code is hidden from your users, but does work to stop the ad appearing...good luck.
JC@AstadiaJC@Astadia
Ian;

I cleared the messges and alerts area and have only the following left:

script type="text/javascript"
setCookie(’sawBanner’, ’winter07’);
/script

The add still appears on login... Any ideas?

Thanks;
JC
MarkMMarkM
All -

Salesforce released an app on the AppExchange today called "Saw Banners Be Gone" to handle this issue.  You can find it here: http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?id=a0330000002ghL4AAI

Mark
SalesforceWatch.com
DBADBA
I went to this link, but it's not posted yet. Has it been pulled?