function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BDArnzBDArnz 

Field Service Report?

OK, here's about as general of a problem as I can think of.  I have a custom object in SF called Service that tracks field service work needing to be done.  It's linked to the Account object and also contact.  This allows me to schedule and track field service work.  I've created a one-to-many link to the case module to track cases identified during the service event.

I need to be able to output a report on a single service record with all its associated cases.  This would be used for example to send back to the customer as a report on what was done and what cases were found.  Ideally this would be integrated into a custom button to be added to the service page layout so that when the field engineer finishes the work, he clicks the button and the report gets generated and sent.  I can't find any way to grab that service record and all the cases and combine them.  It seems the Word mail merge system is limited with the multiple records coming from the case module.  This also is the case for the email alert system.

I'm open to using an S-control or the work flow rules into an email or merging into a word doc or any way to output this information.  Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
Gobinath AGobinath A
Hi Bdarnz,

If you are still looking some other feild service related product, plase try the below.

www.fieldax.com.